EXPERT WITNESS + FORENSIC SECURITY + POLICE CONSULTING 702.994.7337
Expert Witness – Litigation
Forensic Security Services
Law Enforcement Consulting
Tommy Burns, a retired police chief, is a Security & Police Consultant, practicing in Forensic Consulting and expert witness testimony. He was previously a contractor-consultant to the Southern Nevada Counter Terrorism Center (SNCTC) as the Privacy Officer and was a faculty-instructor in Criminal Justice and Security for the University of Phoenix. Mr. Burns previously served as security director for several Hotel-Casino properties in the Las Vegas valley.
- worked with the executive teams and security staffs to develop strategies, mitigate risk, and provide overall asset protection for the hotel and casino properties
- responsible for ensuring security compliance with all gaming laws and Minimal Internal Controls (MICs)
- corporate investigations and vendor due diligence using forensic security techniques
- assisting in the development and implementation of standardized security procedures
- formulating a global corporate strategy for Harrah’s Entertainment in risk mitigation and business continuity
- assisting with the development of Harrah’s Western Division Security Academy, an intensive 40-hour basic security course in Laws of Arrest & Liability Issues, Report Writing, Handcuffing, Tactical Communications, Use of Force Issues, and Emergency Response
Areas of Expertise
- Crime Prevention
- Use of Informants
- Hiring, Supervision & Retention of Personnel
- Use of Force
- Lethal and less Lethal Force/Weaponry
- Evidence Collection & Preservation
- Covert & Non-Covert Investigations
- Training Standards
ARE YOU IN NEED OF AN EXPERT WITNESS?
Mr. Burns is a law enforcement and security expert handling both plaintiff and defense cases in premises security liability and intentional tort (shoplifting, detention/false arrest and use of force). He is also experienced in cases involving robbery, rape, homicide, wrongful death, assault and battery, excessive force, and inadequate security due to training, supervision, hiring and retention.